Qualified Domestic Electrician in Ipswich
Are you an electrician in Ipswich? If so and you’re experienced working in occupied properties, then we’d love to hear from you. We’ve recently won new long-term contracts to expand our work in East Anglia and are looking for electrician in Ipswich or the surrounding area to strengthen our existing team. You will not need to travel to the office each day and we will try to keep the work as local to you as possible.
DSA Electrical is a family-run business celebrating over 30 years of delivering electrical contracting services to the housing, education and healthcare sectors. We provide services including electrical testing, rewiring, upgrading, repairs, lighting upgrades and EV charging. Our values of innovation, excellence and integrity have driven our success since the outset and we are proud to make a real difference in the lives of the people whose homes we work in.
You will be working on contracts for our local authority and housing association clients. We are contracted to carry out electrical repairs, planned EICRs and remedials, upgrades to landlord communal areas, storage heater installations and a host of other planned works. You will also be able to increase your earnings by joining the out-of-hours call rota and claiming overtime if called out.
As a growing business, we are passionate about nurturing a talented, enthusiastic and diverse workforce. Our brilliant team of engineers make us who we are. Are you a qualified, experienced, self-motivated electrician who takes pride in your work? Do you have an eye for detail and a love of problem-solving? Do you have solid experience working in occupied homes? Do you want to work at an innovative, growing company where you’re part of a friendly team? If so, this may just be the role for you.
Details of the role
• 40 hours per week, 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
• Salary £30,000 – £36,000 depending on qualifications and experience
• 25 days’ paid leave in addition to bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Company van and fuel card (business use only)
• Life assurance of 2 x salary
• Mobile phone/tablet provided
• Work based in Ipswich and the surrounding area
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures to a high standard using hand and power tools
• Diagnose malfunctioning installations and associated equipment using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of breakdowns or defects and correct the problem
• Connection of sub and final circuits to distribution boards, switchgear, equipment and accessories in compliance with current regulations
• Test and inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for alteration or repair and to ensure compliance with current regulations
• Test electrical installations, equipment, and fixtures, using appropriate testing devices to ensure compatibility and safety of systems
• Accurately report completed work in accordance with procedures
• Carry out the specific administration and record-keeping of the role
• Solid domestic experience working in occupied homes
• Experience of repairs or planned domestic works
• 18th Edition Qualified (training available)
• ECS card (we can help with your renewal if required)
• Full driving licence
• Polite and friendly attitude with good resident-facing skills
• Strong work ethic
• Good IT skills to record site information and test results electronically
Appointment is subject to a basic level DBS disclosure and references.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 31st December 2023
To apply for the role, please complete our brief application form here and someone will be in touch.
Please note that applications are not accepted by email for data protection reasons.