DSA Electrical is an Essex-based, family-run business celebrating 30 years of delivering electrical contracting services to the public and private sectors. Our values of innovation, excellence and integrity have driven our success since the outset and we are proud to make a real difference in the lives of the people we meet.
Our commercial clients include local authorities, landlords, care homes, hospitals, schools, colleges, emergency services and main contractors based in and around Essex. We provide services including new installations, fixed wire testing and defect repairs and installation of lighting schemes and EV charge points.
Due to our increasing client base, we are looking for a new commercial electrician to join us. Are you a qualified, experienced, self-motivated electrician who takes pride in your work? Do you have an eye for detail and a love of problem-solving? Do you have solid commercial experience working on three-phase installations? Do you want to work at an innovative, growing company where you’re part of a friendly team? If so this may just be the role for you.
Hours 40 hours per week, 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
Salary £30,000 – £40,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Holiday 5 weeks’ paid leave in addition to bank holidays
Other benefits Contributory pension scheme and life assurance of 2 x salary
Vehicle Company van and fuel card (business use only)
Location of work Commercial buildings such as hospitals, churches, offices, schools and control centres in Essex and the surrounding counties
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures to a high standard using hand and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning installations and associated equipment using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of breakdowns or defects and correct the problem
- Connection of sub and final circuits to distribution boards, switchgear, equipment and accessories in compliance with current regulations
- Test and inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for alteration or repair and to ensure compliance with current regulations
- Test electrical installations, equipment, and fixtures, using appropriate testing devices to ensure compatibility and safety of systems
- Accurately report completed work in accordance with the Site-Specific Commercial contract or Company Procedures
- Carry out the specific administration and record-keeping of the role to include managing petty cash and vehicle management
- Solid commercial experience working on three-phase installations
- Experience producing commercial EICRs
- 18th Edition Qualified
- ECS card
- Full driving licence
- Polite and friendly attitude with good client-facing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good IT skills to record site information and test results electronically
The appointment will be subject to a basic level DBS disclosure and satisfactory references.
The closing date for applications is 31st May 2022. Please apply using this link to our application form https://forms.clickup.com/4752879/f/4h1ff-788/9WVZYFIF5BKBTD5FH4